Last Updated on
Are you currently looking for a great turntable, which will allow you to enjoy all of your favorite old records? If this is the case, you’ll definitely want to check out the best turntables under £200.
Of course, some consumers are more than willing to spend a little extra, in order to get a turntable, which will deliver a little better quality.
Consumers realize that price is only a small factor and you should make sure that your purchase isn’t only based on this singularity. Below, you’ll learn everything you need to know to make the right choice for your home and family!
What to Check For
When attempting to purchase a turntable, there are many different factors to consider. Below, you will be able to find a breakdown of these for your consideration.
- Price – Price is definitely important, but you shouldn’t allow it to consume your decision. As long as the turntable is under £300 and fits your preferences, it’ll be a good purchase!
- Drive – Choosing between a belt drive and direct drive is vital! Although belt drive is good, the belt pulley system can become an issue over time. A direct drive system will always be more expensive, but it’ll usually last much longer, as well.
- Portability – Portability may or may not be a big concern to you. On the other hand, it might be incredibly important. When attempting to make your decision, you should consider how precisely you will be using the turntable. If you intend to travel with it, you should make sure to choose one that is much more portable.
- Various Speeds – Various speeds are absolutely vital. Although one is the minimum, you should never choose one that doesn’t offer at least two speeds. Three speeds are even better and will help to ensure that you’re able to play all of your records perfectly.
- Phono Cartridges – Remember that it is possible to choose a turntable, which comes with a phono cartridge, but some do not. Make sure that you choose one that does, as this will make the process much easier. If you choose one that doesn’t, you’ll likely need to spend £40 or more extra for one.
- USB Connectivity – Some newer turntables are equipped with USB ports. This will give you the ability to connect the turntable to your computer and record all of your records, as MP3s. This feature isn’t available with all machines, but it is definitely one that you’ll want to consider.
- Automatic or Manual – Some turntables offer completely automatic operation, while others will require you to pick up the arm and place it on the record. If you want total convenience, you should make sure to choose one that is completely automatic. If not, manual turntables are great too!
Overall, it is absolutely vital to explore each and every one of the characteristics above. Doing so will guarantee that you choose the very best turntable for your specific needs and desires.
Top Rated Turntables Under £300