Do you fancy yourself as a DJ? Everyone, who works or wants to play around as a DJ, will need to equip him or herself with a great turntable. Of course, purchasing a turntable isn’t necessarily easy.
The process can become a little more difficult, if you wish to purchase an affordable turntable under £200. The nostalgia provided by a turntable is well worth the cost, even if you purchase one from our best turntables under £250 guide.
Within this guide, you’ll learn how to purchase the very best turntable, which is reliable, delivers a good performance and is entirely affordable!
What to Look For
When attempting to purchase a turntable, there are several different things to look for. Below, you will find a breakdown of each of these.
- Price – There is no doubt that price is going to play a role in your decision. Still, it is possible to purchase a great turntable for under £200. Setting a budget for your self is absolutely vital, before moving forward.
- USB Compatibility – Would you like to be able to hook your turntable to your computer? If so, you will want to choose one that offers USB capabilities. This is a fairly new technology for turntables, but it is extremely helpful. It’ll give you the ability to transfer your old records into MP3 files on your computer. This feature is highly recommended.
- Manual or Automatic – The cueing systems of these machines can be manual or automatic. When a manual system, you’ll need to physically lift the arm and place it onto the record, in order to make it play. If you’re looking for a more convenient option, where you can just push a button and play your record, you’ll want an automatic cueing system.
- Platter – The platter is the portion of the turntable, which rotates and spins the record. Typically, it is best to find a turntable, which has a much heavier platter. This will help to ensure that your record vibrates less and that your music doesn’t skip.
- Portability – Over the years, some record players have become much more portable. If you want to be able to take your record player with you, you should make sure to choose one that is convenient to transport from location to location.
- Belt Drive or Direct Drive – The most important aspect of all could very well be the drive mechanism of the turntable. You have belt drive and direct drive. Honestly, a belt drive turntable is much less expensive, but the direct drive is much better and will serve you better. The belt system utilizes a belt to turn the record and the belt can slip off occasionally. Therefore, you should try to find a direct drive system, if possible.
Each and every one of these factors is absolutely vital and should not be ignored. Below, you will discover some of the best turntables, which are affordable and worth your time.
Top Rated Rated Turntables Under £200