Although some people might look at gaming and shake their heads, other people take the activity extremely serious. In fact, eSports is becoming increasingly popular throughout the world.
Whether you strive to become a serious gamer or just seek out to demolish your friends online, you should make sure to equip yourself with the right gear. The right gaming computer is important, but you shouldn’t ignore the finer details.
A good pair of headphones and a microphone is also vital. What do you need to know, when trying to purchase the best microphone for gaming? You will find out below!
What to Look For
When making a comparison of the best gaming mics, it is essential to add more credence to a select number of factors. Some professional gamers will opt for a professional pair of headphones, while using a separate USB microphone for communication purposes.
Many others will choose the headset/microphone combination, since it is tremendously easier. However, it is possible to achieve better quality and an improved experience, by keeping both separated.
Below, you will find a breakdown of the more important factors to consider.
- Price – Price is exceptionally important. You shouldn’t expect to pay twenty to fifty pounds for a great mic. Although it may serve the purpose, they won’t be able to match the quality provided by more expensive models. There are some great gaming mics, which are priced between one hundred to one hundred and fifty pounds. These are more ideal and will enhance your experience.
- Separate or together? – When choosing a great gaming microphone, you should consider, whether or not you want a combination set or want a separated microphone. As mentioned above, the latter is recommended, but not always preferred. Making your own determination is best.
- Directionality – This is incredibly important. When looking at microphones, you will find those that are omnidirectional, bidirectional and unidirectional. This characteristics help to determine how the microphone picks up the sound. Omnidirectional is highly recommended, since it’ll ensure that the microphone is able to pick up audio from all directions.
- Frequency Range – The microphone’s frequency range helps you determine how the microphone will handle different frequencies. Although flat frequency microphones are good, they’re not the best choice for gamers. Instead, you will want a microphone, which provides a customized frequency response range.
- Impedance – This factor is the most commonly overlooked and this is usually a big mistake. Lower impedance is always better! Trying to shoot for a figure, which is 600 or lower is recommended.
- Noise Handling – Remember that microphones sometimes contain diaphragms. This helps to convert vibrations into electrical signals. This can transmit unwanted noise through the microphone. Although better options are slightly more expensive, suspension and foam paddling microphones are better. These will help to prevent the vibrations from be transmitted to other games.
With these factors in mind, you will want to explore the current best microphones on the market. These will be explored below for your consideration.
Top Microphones for Gaming