Last Updated on
Are you interested in returning to the past, in order to enjoy your favorite music to the fullest? There is definitely nothing better than a little bit of nostalgia. It can help to enhance old rock tunes and classic songs dramatically.
In order to do this, you’ll need to get your hands on a great turntable. Some might be hunting for the best turntables under £500, but others aren’t worried about price. Some only want to own a turntable that is vintage! Still, you shouldn’t make your decision, until you’ve read the comprehensive information provided below!
Things To Consider
When attempting to buy the best vintage turntable, it is imperative to step back and consider all of your options. By exploring all of the characteristics of each turntable, you’ll ultimately be able to find the best player for your individualistic needs and circumstances. These characteristics will be explored below.
- Cost Range – There is no doubt that price is going to play a factor for many. It shouldn’t be a major factor, because it is possible to find some of the best turntables under £200 or £300. However, you should still be realistic with yourself and rely on a budget that is friendly with your income.
- Direct or Belt – Whether you’re looking for the best turntables under £300 or £500, you will ultimately have two choices. It is possible to choose between a direct drive turntable and a belt drive turntable. Experts believe that the belt driven systems are able to provide a little better sound quality, but the belt presents more concerns. The direct drive setup will make the turntable more expensive, but many prefer this setup.
- Platter – The platter is the portion of the turntable, in which the record spends. In this category, you just need to select a heavier platter. The heaviest is always better, because this will prevent vibration and skipping.
- USB Features – Some newer turntables can be connected to a computer, by using a USB cable. This is a great option, but not necessary for enjoying your favorite music. If you wish to be able to convert your vinyl records to MP3 and other digital files, then this feature is absolutely vital!
- Traveling? – Are you a traveler and want to be able to take your turntable with you wherever you go? If this is the case, you should choose a lighter and more portable turntable. If not, it is typically best to choose one that is heavier.
- The Base – The base is the actual meat of the turntable. It can be made with a variety of different materials, including wood, metal or plastic. It can also be many different colors. As long as you choose a turntable with a durable base, you really cannot go wrong, but it is a good idea to consider all of your options.
Overall, each and every one of the characteristics is exceptionally important. Be sure to take your time, work through each of them and make the right decision for your own specific needs.
Top rated Vintage Turntables